WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A group of doctors has partnered with White Plains Hospital Physician Associates to create a sports injury hotline to provide diagnosis and treatment of high school sports injuries within 24 hours.
Athletic directors, coaches and parents of injured high school athletes can call the hotline to set up an appointment and quickly receive a variety of medical services including on-site X-Rays, MRIs, on-site physical therapy, concussion management, customized protective equipment and braces.
“With the winter sports season in full-swing, athletes need to be sure that they regulate their training,” said Mike Mirabella, a certified athletic trainer with the hotline.
“The key to successfully dealing with a sports injury is not to delay in seeking help and getting an expert opinion. Through the sports injury hotline we have streamlined the process of getting the injury examined. Our goal is to see the patient within 24 hours and that makes an enormous difference.”
Athletic trainers from Mount Vernon, Pleasantville, Westlake, White Plains and Woodlands High Schools already have begun to use the hotline, which started trials three years ago.
Any school interested in taking advantage of the hotline can contact Mirabella at 914-539-2934.
From a report by Juliana Wynohradnyk/Thompson & Bender
- 1 Pleasantville Unseats Bronxville To Win First-Ever Sectional Lacrosse Title
- 2 Pace University Celebrates Graduates In Ceremonies At Pleasantville Campus
- 3 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 4 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 5 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters