PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- When Pleasantville hosts Our Lady of Lourdes at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in a Section 1 Class B football game, it very well could be the first of two meetings this season.
Lourdes enters the game undefeated, 5-0, and Pleasantville is 4-1. Based on the each team’s play this season, they are on a collision course to meet in the playoffs, quite possibly in the Class B title game.
Lourdes has been an offensive machine this season, averaging 48 points per game. The Warriors, the 2011 Section 1 Class B runners-up, recently blanked defending champion Croton, 27-0.
Pleasantville’s defense, led by Cameron Burns, has been an unyielding force since week two, allowing just two touchdowns and 12 points in its four-game winning streak.
The Panthers’ offense used a diversified attack in a 25-12 win versus Edgemont in week five. Wide receiver Charlie Montgomery caught two touchdown passes, Nick Greto rumbled 57 yards for a score and halfback Nicky Pedlow rushed for 112 yards.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Female Suspect From Westchester Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 3 Slow-Moving Storm Will Bring Heavy Rain To Pleasantville
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester