PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – The Pleasantville High School football team will try to extend its winning streak when it hosts Nanuet Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
The game features two teams jockeying for position in the Class B rankings, and the winner will be in excellent position with regard to the playoffs.
Pleasantville, 2-1 this season, has used its defense to carry it through the first few games. The Panthers have shut out their last two opponents, and their lone blemish came when they surrendered 21 points to Croton-Harmon in the season opener.
The Panthers’ defense created havoc last week against Putnam Valley as it rushed the quarterback successfully on numerous occasions and even forced a fumble.
But Nanuet recovered nicely from a 41-13 loss to Our Lady of Lourdes in week two, mounting a strong defensive effort in a 15-13 win against Pearl River in week three.
The Golden Knights also have a shutout on their resume this season, a 12-0 win against Putnam Valley in the season opener.
Ultimately, this game could come down to which team breaks through with the first big play or first touchdown of the day. Both defenses are likely to put up solid efforts, and the margin of victory will likely be thin.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Pleasantville Boys Lacrosse Hangs On To Edge Fox Lane In Snowy Opener
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Pleasantville