PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville eighth-grader Declan McDermott placed fifth at the New Balance National Indoor Track & Field Championship Meet.
The Saturday, March 16 meet drew hundreds of students to New York City. A member of Pleasantville’s varsity indoor track & field team, McDermott placed fifth in a field of 19 middle school milers.
"Despite bad weather and poor training conditions over the past month, Declan ran a personal-best time and set a Pleasantville Middle School record of 4:50.6, just 3.8 seconds back from the winner," representatives said. "His medal-winning performance closes out the indoor track season, during which the Pleasantville team won its league championship in just its second season in existence. The team also had 9 league champions, Section 1 champions in 3 events, and a New York State qualifier."
- 1 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Pleasantville
- 3 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Political, Business Leaders Applaud State Casino Decision
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Pleasantville Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'