PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – The Pleasantville High School boys' basketball team will play in Bronxville High School’s annual Bill Green Basketball Tournament Friday and Saturday.
The Broncos have hosted the tournament since 1976 in honor of Bill Green, a former athletic director at Bronxville who was a pilot during World War II and who coached basketball, golf and football for the Broncos for 35 years.
Pleasantville will face Pelham in the opening game at 5 p.m. Friday while the host Broncos will take on Iona Prep at 7 p.m. The losers of those games will play in the consolation game at 3 p.m. Saturday and the winners will square off for the championship at 5 p.m.
The Panthers returned eight players this season, including all-league standouts Jack Eisenberg and Charlie Montgomery. Pleasantville lost, 44-39, to Rye in its last game but opened the season with wins against Rye Neck and Kennedy Catholic.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 Happy Birthday To Pleasantville's Otis Hill
- 3 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Cuomo Bans Non-Essential State Travel To Indiana