PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – The Pleasantville High School boys' basketball team will play in Bronxville High School’s annual Bill Green Basketball Tournament Friday and Saturday.
The Broncos have hosted the tournament since 1976 in honor of Bill Green, a former athletic director at Bronxville who was a pilot during World War II and who coached basketball, golf and football for the Broncos for 35 years.
Pleasantville will face Pelham in the opening game at 5 p.m. Friday while the host Broncos will take on Iona Prep at 7 p.m. The losers of those games will play in the consolation game at 3 p.m. Saturday and the winners will square off for the championship at 5 p.m.
The Panthers returned eight players this season, including all-league standouts Jack Eisenberg and Charlie Montgomery. Pleasantville lost, 44-39, to Rye in its last game but opened the season with wins against Rye Neck and Kennedy Catholic.
- 1 Pleasantville Unseats Bronxville To Win First-Ever Sectional Lacrosse Title
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 5 Surge Of Warm Weather Will Arrive In Pleasantville