OSSINING, N.Y. -- Ossining High School's Alex Delacruz wrestled his way into the finals of the New York State Championships in the 126-pound division on Saturday, March 1, but came up one point short against a wrestler who had defeated him earlier in the year, according to LoHud.com.
Delacruz held a 2-1 lead over Eastport's Travis Passaro with just 21 seconds remaining in the final period. Passaro was able to pull off a reversal with 7 seconds left to pull ahead, 3-2 to secure the state title, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Pleasantville Grants Approval For Toll Brothers' Townhouse Project
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Overturned Vehicle Closes Stretch Of Saw Mill River Parkway