OSSINING, N.Y. -- Ossining High School's Alex Delacruz wrestled his way into the finals of the New York State Championships in the 126-pound division on Saturday, March 1, but came up one point short against a wrestler who had defeated him earlier in the year, according to LoHud.com.
Delacruz held a 2-1 lead over Eastport's Travis Passaro with just 21 seconds remaining in the final period. Passaro was able to pull off a reversal with 7 seconds left to pull ahead, 3-2 to secure the state title, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Pleasantville's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Pleasantville Resident Is Inspiration For The Peak's Breast Cancer Concert
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Two Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester