OSSINING, N.Y. -- Ossining High School's Alex Delacruz wrestled his way into the finals of the New York State Championships in the 126-pound division on Saturday, March 1, but came up one point short against a wrestler who had defeated him earlier in the year, according to LoHud.com.
Delacruz held a 2-1 lead over Eastport's Travis Passaro with just 21 seconds remaining in the final period. Passaro was able to pull off a reversal with 7 seconds left to pull ahead, 3-2 to secure the state title, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Pleasantville Traffic Snarled On Sunnyside Avenue
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director