MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Pleasantville's Jacob Burns Film Center will host Mount Vernon native and former MLB pitcher Ralph Branca in February.
Branca is set for a Q&A with filmmaker Andrew Muscato after the filming of "Branca's Pitch," a documentary about Branca's career at 7 p.m. Feb. 10. at the Jacob Burns Film Center.
Branca and Muscato will talk about the documentary and the famous “Shot Heard Round the World.” The event is part of our series “We Got Game: Sports on Film.”
The following is a synopsis of the film:
"On Oct. 3, 1951 Brooklyn Dodger pitcher Ralph Branca became a baseball legend, giving up the game-winning home run—and the National League pennant—to the team’s bitter rival, the NY Giants. That moment has dogged Branca for the rest of his life. Finally, the 88-year-old paints a fuller picture of “The Shot Heard Round the World,” and shares many of his photos and other treasures such as a restored color 16mm film of the 1947 Brooklyn Dodgers at Ebbets Field."
For tickets and information on the film, residents are asked to visit the Jacob Burns Film Center website.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Pleasantville On Wednesday
- 2 Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Pleasantville Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Pleasantville School District Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287