VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Due to this past Friday's snowstorm, students of the Valhalla School District will lose a day from their week-long spring break at the end of the month.
The Valhalla district said that in order to make up for Friday, schools will be open on Wednesday, March 27. That day was originally scheduled to be included in the break. Schools will be closed on March 25 and 26 as well as March 28 and 29. Any subsequent snow day from now until the 25 will further eliminate days from the break as the district is out of snow days.
The Mount Pleasant Central School District was able to save a day from their spring break this past Friday. Although schools were closed to students, teachers and staff members reported on Friday so the district does not need a makeup day. The district's schools will already be open on the first two days of spring break, March 25 and 26, due to make up snow days.
The Pleasantville School District still has two snow days left to use despite being closed this past Friday.
- 1 Pleasantville Unseats Bronxville To Win First-Ever Sectional Lacrosse Title
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 5 Surge Of Warm Weather Will Arrive In Pleasantville