VALHALLA, N.Y. -- Due to this past Friday's snowstorm, students of the Valhalla School District will lose a day from their week-long spring break at the end of the month.
The Valhalla district said that in order to make up for Friday, schools will be open on Wednesday, March 27. That day was originally scheduled to be included in the break. Schools will be closed on March 25 and 26 as well as March 28 and 29. Any subsequent snow day from now until the 25 will further eliminate days from the break as the district is out of snow days.
The Mount Pleasant Central School District was able to save a day from their spring break this past Friday. Although schools were closed to students, teachers and staff members reported on Friday so the district does not need a makeup day. The district's schools will already be open on the first two days of spring break, March 25 and 26, due to make up snow days.
The Pleasantville School District still has two snow days left to use despite being closed this past Friday.
- 1 Pleasantville Boys Lacrosse Hangs On To Edge Fox Lane In Snowy Opener
- 2 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 3 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Snow Could Return To Pleasantville For Morning Commute