PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. - All schools within the Pleasantville School District have been restored back to normal Monday, according to Superintendent Mary Fox-Alter, after the district experienced a partial power outage and the fire alarm was set off at Bedford Road School.
Fox- Alter said the alarm was set off after an HVAC uni-vent unit overheated within the school. The Pleasantville Fire Department responded to the school and deemed the building safe shortly after noon.
Power has been fully restored after each of the three buildings in the district experienced a partial outage Monday morning.
- 1 Pleasantville Traffic Snarled On Sunnyside Avenue
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Downed Trees, Accidents Cause Road Closures, Delays, Power Outages