PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville Middle School will hold the sixth-grade Sustainability Fair on Friday, Feb. 28.
The "kick-off assembly" starts at 9 a.m. in the middle school's multipurpose room. Students will learn about sustainability as they rotate through six stations. A few of the topics to be covered include recycling, paper consumption, personal eco-footprints and composting in the middle school, school officials said.
Science teacher Sara Keegan is the coordinator of the event with help of parent and community volunteers, teachers and members of Pleasantville High School’s Environmental Club and Science National Honor Society.
- 1 Iron Horse Pleasantville Undergoes Transformation
- 2 Pleasantville's Will Shortz Brings Crossword Puzzle Tournament Home
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Briarcliff Man Charged In Theft Of Credit Cards From Two Gyms
- 5 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation