PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville Middle School will hold the sixth-grade Sustainability Fair on Friday, Feb. 28.
The "kick-off assembly" starts at 9 a.m. in the middle school's multipurpose room. Students will learn about sustainability as they rotate through six stations. A few of the topics to be covered include recycling, paper consumption, personal eco-footprints and composting in the middle school, school officials said.
Science teacher Sara Keegan is the coordinator of the event with help of parent and community volunteers, teachers and members of Pleasantville High School’s Environmental Club and Science National Honor Society.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Pleasantville
- 3 Pleasantville Junior Drillock Commits To Siena For Lacrosse
- 4 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Truck Strikes Saw Mill Parkway Overpass In Pleasantville