PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville Middle School will hold the sixth-grade Sustainability Fair on Friday, Feb. 28.
The "kick-off assembly" starts at 9 a.m. in the middle school's multipurpose room. Students will learn about sustainability as they rotate through six stations. A few of the topics to be covered include recycling, paper consumption, personal eco-footprints and composting in the middle school, school officials said.
Science teacher Sara Keegan is the coordinator of the event with help of parent and community volunteers, teachers and members of Pleasantville High School’s Environmental Club and Science National Honor Society.
- 1 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 2 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Surge Of Warm Weather Will Arrive In Pleasantville