MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Voters in Mount Pleasant approved the school district's proposed $55.7 million budget for the 2014-15 school year on Tuesday.
The school budget was passed 550-372.
In the school board election, Laurie Donato was elected with 652 votes, Edward Barnes with 453 and Eric Schulze with 527.
The new budget was up from the 2013-14 budget of $52.5 million -- an increase of 3.45 percent -- but came in below the state mandated cap of a 2 percent increase in the tax levy.
Property owners can expect to pay approximately $359 more in taxes next year.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says