MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Voters in Mount Pleasant approved the school district's proposed $55.7 million budget for the 2014-15 school year on Tuesday.
The school budget was passed 550-372.
In the school board election, Laurie Donato was elected with 652 votes, Edward Barnes with 453 and Eric Schulze with 527.
The new budget was up from the 2013-14 budget of $52.5 million -- an increase of 3.45 percent -- but came in below the state mandated cap of a 2 percent increase in the tax levy.
Property owners can expect to pay approximately $359 more in taxes next year.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Pleasantville
- 3 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Political, Business Leaders Applaud State Casino Decision
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Pleasantville Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'