WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Several Westchester County towns, including Briarcliff, Lewisboro, Irvington and Pleasantville, were ranked among the safest areas in New York to live in according movoto.com.
Movoto.com ranked towns with a population of 5,000 or more in three categories: violent crime, property crime and chance that a resident will be the victim of a crime.
Briarcliff Manor was the highest ranking Westchester community at No. 2, followed by Lewisboro and Irvington at numbers 3 and 4, respectively.
Pleasantville rounded out the Westchester towns in the ranking at No. 6.
The top ranked town was Elmira, which is located south of the Finger Lakes near the Pennsylvania border.
- 1 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Route 117 In Pleasantville
- 2 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5 Million