The spring market is traditionally the busiest time of year for the residential real estate market. If you're in the market for a home or are thinking about buying a new construction, it is recommended you be represented by an experienced buyer's agent. Here's why:
- An experienced buyer agent must work in the buyer's interest at all times.
- The sales team at the new construction sales office is employed by the builder, therefore representing the builder’s interest in the transaction.
- A buyer agent with new construction experience, knows the questions to ask the sales and project staff.
- Objective professional advice and insight by the buyer agent, during all phases of the process, such as binder negotiation, construction, walkthrough, and closing will benefit you, the buyer.
- While the sales staff will always give the appearance that prices are non-negotiable, an experienced agent can use recent and historical sales data to aid in the negotiation. Much of this data is not always readily available to the consumer without the aid of MLS access.
- When it comes time to select the components of your new home, there are certain important questions to be aware of. An agent with prior new construction sales office experience, will know exactly the right questions to pose to the sales representative, to make sure their client is not out pricing their new home.
Consider walking through the door being represented by your own broker. This advice will help set you in the right direction and aid you in achieving your goals.
Angela Lanni is a Top Producing Broker for Houlihan Lawrence with years of real estate experience working with both home buyers and sellers in the Northern Westchester real estate markets. She has represented local, regional and nationally recognized builders in the Northern Westchester area. Her vast experience working as a new construction sales representative would be a benefit to those wishing to purchase new construction. Angela can be reached at (914) 572-4354 (CELL), alannihoulihanlawrence.com or visit www.AngelaLanni.com.
Visit angelalanni.com to learn more.
- 1 Pleasantville Traffic Snarled On Sunnyside Avenue
- 2 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust