CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Leaders from the Working Families Party announced their support for Cortlandt's Justin Wagner in the race for State Senator for New York's 40th District recently.
The Democratic Wagner ran for State Senate in 2012, but was narrowly defeated by Greg Ball.
"I am honored to have the support of the Working Families Party," Wagner said in a statement. "The WFP fights for New York's working-class and middle-class families, and that's exactly what I aim to do in the Senate. The working men and women of the Hudson Valley need a senator that shares their mainstream values and will fight for commonsense solutions to make our communities more affordable, to bring good jobs to our region, and to truly reform a corrupt culture in Albany that doesn't work for working people. We've had enough of Albany politicians chasing headlines -- I'm going to chase results."
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Pleasantville On Wednesday
- 2 Pleasantville Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI In Mount Pleasant
- 4 Thornwood Resident Accused Of Offering To Drop Parking Ticket For Sex
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Pleasantville