CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Leaders from the Working Families Party announced their support for Cortlandt's Justin Wagner in the race for State Senator for New York's 40th District recently.
The Democratic Wagner ran for State Senate in 2012, but was narrowly defeated by Greg Ball.
"I am honored to have the support of the Working Families Party," Wagner said in a statement. "The WFP fights for New York's working-class and middle-class families, and that's exactly what I aim to do in the Senate. The working men and women of the Hudson Valley need a senator that shares their mainstream values and will fight for commonsense solutions to make our communities more affordable, to bring good jobs to our region, and to truly reform a corrupt culture in Albany that doesn't work for working people. We've had enough of Albany politicians chasing headlines -- I'm going to chase results."
- 1 Pleasantville Unseats Bronxville To Win First-Ever Sectional Lacrosse Title
- 2 Pace University Celebrates Graduates In Ceremonies At Pleasantville Campus
- 3 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 4 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 5 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak