CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Leaders from the Working Families Party announced their support for Cortlandt's Justin Wagner in the race for State Senator for New York's 40th District recently.
The Democratic Wagner ran for State Senate in 2012, but was narrowly defeated by Greg Ball.
"I am honored to have the support of the Working Families Party," Wagner said in a statement. "The WFP fights for New York's working-class and middle-class families, and that's exactly what I aim to do in the Senate. The working men and women of the Hudson Valley need a senator that shares their mainstream values and will fight for commonsense solutions to make our communities more affordable, to bring good jobs to our region, and to truly reform a corrupt culture in Albany that doesn't work for working people. We've had enough of Albany politicians chasing headlines -- I'm going to chase results."
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Pleasantville Skies Sunday
- 2 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 3 Pleasantville Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Pleasantville
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester