VALHALLA, N.Y. – Two men from Middletown, N.Y., were arrested when police raided what they said was a marijuana grow house at 107 Eastview Drive in quiet residential neighborhood of Valhalla, Mount Pleasant Police said.
Socrates Gonzalez, 27, and Raul Concay, 37, were charged with felony criminal possession of marijuana and felony grand larceny for theft of services.
Mount Pleasant Police executed a search warrant on Thursday, Oct. 4, following an investigation spanning several months, Chief Louis Alagno said. Numerous fully grown marijuana plants were taken from the home, Alagno said. Although he said he could not give an exact number, he put the amount at “multiple pounds” of marijuana.
The pair were charged with theft of services because the home was illegally connected to the town water system and Con Edison electrical services, Alagno said.
He added that Gonzalez and Concay did not live in the home, but were present when police searched the house. Both men are being held in the Westchester County Jail, and a police investigation of the grow house is continuing.
The house sits near a cul-de-sac and is just under a mile from the Westlake High School campus in Thornwood. Multiple warning signs for hazardous conditions from the town of Mount Pleasant were scattered along the outside of the house Tuesday afternoon.
- 1 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd