A Brewster man is facing a criminal charge after allegedly selling alcohol to a minor during a police sting operation.
According to state police investigators, Nicolas Lopez, 24, was working at the Mobil gas station at 291 Route 100 in Somers when he allowed the underage operative to make the purchase on Sunday, Nov. 29.
Lopez was ticketed and told to appear in Town of Somers Court on Monday, Dec. 7, state police said in a statement. He's charged with violating the state's alcohol and beverage control law.
Police targeted several additional local stores during their sting. Each of the other stores was found in compliance with the law. They include:
- Goldens Bridge Fine Wine and Spirits, Route 22 & 138, Lewisboro
- ACME Supermarket, Route 22 & 138 Goldens Bridge, Lewisboro
- DeCiccos Supermarket, Route 121 Cross River, Lewisboro
- Salem Wines and Liquors, Route 35 South Salem, Lewisboro
- Scotts Corners Market, Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge
- Pound Ridge Wine and Spirits, Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge
- Kingsley Market, June Road, North Salem
- Croton Falls Shell, Route 22 Croton Falls, North Salem
- Seven Eleven, 112 Route 100, Somers