PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- A 22-year-old Pleasantville woman was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver Sunday in the Bronx, New York City Police said.
Amanda Garcia, of 68 Hobby St., was walking near 2070 Westchester Ave., just after 6 a.m. when she was struck by a black Nissan Altima, police said. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said the driver of the Altima fled the scene, driving onto the Cross Bronx Expressway.
Garcia, who was the mother of a 3-month-old boy, was visiting relatives at the time of the accident, the New York Daily News reported.
New York City detectives recovered a piece of the vehicle at the scene of the accident, according to the Daily News. Police said they are investigating the accident and no arrests had been made as of Sunday afternoon.
- 1 Pleasantville Traffic Snarled On Sunnyside Avenue
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Downed Trees, Accidents Cause Road Closures, Delays, Power Outages