PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- A 22-year-old Pleasantville woman was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver Sunday in the Bronx, New York City Police said.
Amanda Garcia, of 68 Hobby St., was walking near 2070 Westchester Ave., just after 6 a.m. when she was struck by a black Nissan Altima, police said. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said the driver of the Altima fled the scene, driving onto the Cross Bronx Expressway.
Garcia, who was the mother of a 3-month-old boy, was visiting relatives at the time of the accident, the New York Daily News reported.
New York City detectives recovered a piece of the vehicle at the scene of the accident, according to the Daily News. Police said they are investigating the accident and no arrests had been made as of Sunday afternoon.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Pleasantville Grants Approval For Toll Brothers' Townhouse Project
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Overturned Vehicle Closes Stretch Of Saw Mill River Parkway