PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – A burglary at a home on King Street in Pleasantville was interrupted Thursday morning when the suspect realized a woman living there was in the house, Mount Pleasant Police said.
Police Chief Louis Alagno said that around 11:40 a.m. a man described as a light-skinned black male wearing a red, hooded sweatshirt entered the house through a back door. No further description of the suspect was available but Alagno said the man fled the house and entered a black Nissan Altima before leaving the property.
Police say that no items were taken from the home. The incident is still under investigation.
- 1 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd