PLEASNTVILLE, N.Y. Chase Bank on Bedford Road was evacuated this morning when a strong odor from inside the building reportedly caused two workers to become sick - and one to vomit - said Police Chief Richard Love.
Members of the Pleasantville Police Department, Pleasantville Volunteer Fire Department, and the Westchester Hazardous Materials team responded to the 444 Bedford Road bank shortly before 11 a.m.
They determined that it was an alarm, Love said of the Hazmat team. The battery back-up to the alarm system was overcharged, which gave off the strong odor of sulfur. That was the odor that was making people sick.
Love said the odor was cleared from the building and it has since re-opened.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.