PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – Multiple laptop computers belonging to Pace University students have been stolen over the past few days and Mount Pleasant Police Officers are working with campus security to find a suspect.
Three Apple Macbook Pro computers, valued at approximately $2,000, were stolen on Pace’s Pleasantville campus either inside or in the vicinity of Mortola Library, according to Mount Pleasant Police.
Mount Pleasant Police Chief Louis Alagno said that in two of the incidents, one on Oct. 4 and the other on Oct. 7, students left their computers unoccupied in the library for a brief moment and when they returned the laptop was gone. Alagno said that the third incident occurred on Oct. 8 when a student’s computer was stolen from inside his or her car as it was parked outside of the library.
Vincent Beatty, head of security at Pace, said that the university increased its security patrol in the library and added signage to not leave valuables unattended.
An investigation continues and no arrest has been made.
In other blotter news:
- On Oct. 6 at around 9:15 p.m., a Mount Pleasant patrolman pulled over a vehicle traveling at a high-rate of speed on Kensico Road in Thornwood. A roadside investigation led to the arrest of Dom Grosso, 19, of Thornwood on weapon and drug charges. Grosso was charged with criminal possession of a weapon and possession of a controlled dangerous substance, both misdemeanors. Grosso was also charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. Police said officers found Grosso to be in possession of brass knuckles, a small amount of prescription pills for which he was not prescribed, and a small amount of marijuana.
- On Oct. 7 at around 8:30 a.m., workers at Westlake Middle School reported to Mount Pleasant Police that the school’s sign located in front of the Thornwood building was vandalized during the overnight hours. Police said that around $1,000 of damage was done to the sign and concrete benches that sit outside of the building. An investigation continues and no arrest has been made.
- 1 Pedestrian Killed On Saw Mill Parkway Is ID'd
- 2 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 3 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 4 Open Houses In Pleasantville This Weekend
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Pleasantville