PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. - A man drove off with a "boot" attached to one of his tires after striking a local tow company's truck on Bedford Road, according to the Pleasantville Police Department.
Police say the man got into an argument with a local tow company worker at 12:48 p.m. Sunday after a metal device was attached to his right rear tire for parking illegally. The man struck the passenger-side mirror of the truck with his hand and hit the truck with his car before driving off with the boot still attached to his tire.
The man was described as Asian, about 5-foot-5 with long dark hair and glasses. Police say he was with a woman passenger at the time of the incident. No arrest has been made.
In other police news:
- On Feb. 3 at about 12:25 p.m., two residents had their mailboxes knocked off the post. The first incident occurred at Pierce Drive, and police say shortly after another resident reported that their mailbox on Washington Avenue was damaged. Police say one resident reported hearing a group of youths outside, but the group was gone on arrival. It has not been determined if the two incidents are connected and no arrest has been made.
- On Jan. 31 at around 8:40 a.m., a resident reported that a dog was roaming the area around Saratoga Ave. Police did not have a description of the dog and it was not found when they arrived at the scene.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 State Police Warn Pleasantville Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Pleasantville Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Pleasantville
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing