PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- An early morning fire at 15 Meadow Lane in Pleasantville has displaced four people, according to the Red Cross.
The Red Cross was called in by the Pleasantville Fire Department at 3 a.m. to assist with the fire that left three families and four people homeless.
According to LoHud, Pleasantville Fire Chief Manny Colmenares said a single room and its contents on the second floor caught fire. Firefighters were able to contain the damage to one room, Colmenares said. Firefighters responded to the call at 2:20 a.m.
According to Colmenares, the fire's cause was deemed electrical and the blaze is not considered suspicious. Colmenares said it took firefighters 20 minutes to knock down the fire
Mutual aid was provided by Chappaqua, Briarcliff, Millwood, Thornwood and Valhalla, Colmenares said.
Caroyln Sherwin of the Red Cross said they sent three volunteers to the scene and provided emergency relocation to two of the families, while one declined assistance. Sherwin said the fire was quickly contained.
"We want to get them warm and on the road to recovery," Sherwin said. "We will be with them as needed."
- 1 Pleasantville's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Pleasantville's Communication Signals
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Pleasantville