PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- An early morning fire at 15 Meadow Lane in Pleasantville has displaced four people, according to the Red Cross.
The Red Cross was called in by the Pleasantville Fire Department at 3 a.m. to assist with the fire that left three families and four people homeless.
According to LoHud, Pleasantville Fire Chief Manny Colmenares said a single room and its contents on the second floor caught fire. Firefighters were able to contain the damage to one room, Colmenares said. Firefighters responded to the call at 2:20 a.m.
According to Colmenares, the fire's cause was deemed electrical and the blaze is not considered suspicious. Colmenares said it took firefighters 20 minutes to knock down the fire
Mutual aid was provided by Chappaqua, Briarcliff, Millwood, Thornwood and Valhalla, Colmenares said.
Caroyln Sherwin of the Red Cross said they sent three volunteers to the scene and provided emergency relocation to two of the families, while one declined assistance. Sherwin said the fire was quickly contained.
"We want to get them warm and on the road to recovery," Sherwin said. "We will be with them as needed."
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Pleasantville
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says