PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – Shirley Mahoney Dieter, formerly of Pleasantville, died Jan. 6 at Care One Care Center in Wall, N.J. She was 86.
Born April 8, 1926, in Armonk, she was married to Norman Dieter. They resided in Pleasantville for many years. Shirley Dieter was active in the Women's Contemporary Club. She was most recently of Brielle, N.J.
She is survived by a daughter, Sharon Coppola of Spring Lake, N.J.; two sons, Craig Dieter of Pleasantville and Scott Dieter of Mamaroneck; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband.
Cremation will be private. A memorial service will be held at St. John's Episcopal Church in Pleasantville at a later date. Neary-Quinn Funeral Home in Manasquan, N.J., is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- 1 Pleasantville Traffic Snarled On Sunnyside Avenue
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Downed Trees, Accidents Cause Road Closures, Delays, Power Outages