OSSINING, N.Y. – Peter L. Carosella, a lifelong Ossining resident, died Monday, Oct. 8, surrounded by his wife and family. He was 86.
He was born Feb. 11, 1926, in Ossining to Angelina and Joseph Carosella. He graduated from Ossining High School and served in the Army during World War II. Carosella then joined the Pleasantville Police Department, where he attained the rank of detective. He was also a member of Washington Hook and Ladder in Ossining.
Carosella is survived by his wife of 60 years, Marilyn; two daughters, Susan (Robert) Rummel and Kristine; a sister, Mary Berg; three nieces and a nephew. He was predeceased by a sister, Grace Macera; a brother in law, James Berg; and a nephew, Jimmy Berg.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Beecher Funeral Home in Pleasantville. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Augustine's Church in Ossining. Burial will follow at St. Augustine's Cemetery in Ossining.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 3 Happy Birthday To Pleasantville's Otis Hill
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Snow Could Return To Pleasantville For Morning Commute