HAWTHORNE, N.Y. - Josephine Carney of Hawthorne, N.Y. died on Jan.29, 2014. She was 86.
Carney was born Sept. 22, 1927, to Joseph and Catherine (nee Iannello) LoPiccolo in Valhalla. She was a retired owner of Babes Travel in Pleasantville.
Carney is survived by her sons, Vincent (Bud) Carney of Hawthorne, Francis (Slim) Carney of Atlanta, Ga., and John Carney of Valhalla; sister, Angie DeLucia of Scarsdale; several grandchildren; and great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Vincent Carney; daughter, Maureen Maruggi; and several brothers and sisters.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Feb. 5 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home, where funeral services will be held at 12p.m. Interment at Mt.Calvary Cemetery, Greenburgh.
- 1 Pleasantville Ranks Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Pleasantville Unseats Bronxville To Win First-Ever Sectional Lacrosse Title
- 3 Pace University Celebrates Graduates In Ceremonies At Pleasantville Campus
- 4 Pleasantville School District Budget Passes
- 5 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser