PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. - Joan Jacobson, a Pleasantville native, died May 19. She was 86.
Jacobson was born Feb. 11, 1928, in Mount Kisco, to Henry and Lillian Burggraf Meyn. A 70-year resident of Pleasantville, she moved to Somers in 1998. Educated in Pleasantville public schools, she graduated from the University of Vermont where she was a member of the Alpha Chi Omega Sorority. She received a degree in math. After graduating from college, she was employed by General Precision Laboratories in Pleasantville until 1954 and was an accountant from 1961 until 1972 for the Lawrence Tufts Company in Briarcliff. She retired in 1984 from Prentice Hall Media as a sales manager.
She was a member of the Pleasantville Presbyterian Church since 1943 where she taught Sunday school. She served as PTA president, had been active in the Girl Scouts as a troop leader and was a member of the Literary Volunteers of America.
Jacobson is survived by her husband, Carl Herbert Jacobson; daughter, Karen L. Jacobson (Thomas) Molholm; and a granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents; and daughter, Betsy L Jacobson.
A Memorial Service will be held at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, May 28 at the Presbyterian Church, 400 Bedford Road, Pleasantville.
For more information, please visit:http://beecherflooksfh.com/
- 1 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 4 Death Of Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg's Husband Points To Treadmill Risks
- 5 Driver Is Charged After School Bus Stops In Chappaqua Railroad Crossing