PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – Cecile Marie Hughes of Pleasantville, formerly of Dobbs Ferry, died Jan. 25 at her home. She was 73.
She was born in Brooklyn to Bernard and Marian Flynn. Raised in Brooklyn and South Hampton, N.Y., she graduated from St. Claire's School of Nursing and earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Mercy College.
She married Gerard William Hughes and raised a family in Dobbs Ferry. She specialized in geriatric nursing. Hughes also taught students from Gorton High School in a magnet program at St. Joseph's Medical Center in Yonkers.
Hughes retired from St. Joseph's Medical Center and married Robert Suda in 2009. He survives her.
She is also survived by three children, Christopher Hughes, Jennifer (Joseph) Lemischak and Colin (Maria) Hughes; eight grandchildren; and her husband’s children, Robert Suda, Hilary Hawk and Maurya Suda.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Monday at Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home in Dobbs Ferry. A Mass of the Resurrection will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at Church of the Sacred Heart in Dobbs Ferry.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Pleasantville On Wednesday
- 2 Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Pleasantville Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Thornwood Resident Accused Of Offering To Drop Parking Ticket For Sex
- 5 Pleasantville School District Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday