PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – Cecile Marie Hughes of Pleasantville, formerly of Dobbs Ferry, died Jan. 25 at her home. She was 73.
She was born in Brooklyn to Bernard and Marian Flynn. Raised in Brooklyn and South Hampton, N.Y., she graduated from St. Claire's School of Nursing and earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Mercy College.
She married Gerard William Hughes and raised a family in Dobbs Ferry. She specialized in geriatric nursing. Hughes also taught students from Gorton High School in a magnet program at St. Joseph's Medical Center in Yonkers.
Hughes retired from St. Joseph's Medical Center and married Robert Suda in 2009. He survives her.
She is also survived by three children, Christopher Hughes, Jennifer (Joseph) Lemischak and Colin (Maria) Hughes; eight grandchildren; and her husband’s children, Robert Suda, Hilary Hawk and Maurya Suda.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Monday at Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home in Dobbs Ferry. A Mass of the Resurrection will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at Church of the Sacred Heart in Dobbs Ferry.
- 1 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 4 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Advisory Issued For Smoke Odor Caused By Mount Pleasant Mulch Fire