DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. -- More than 20 percent of the Marching Cobras of New York, a marching band that is leading the pre-Super Bowl parade through Times Square, will be students from St. Christopher’s in Dobbs Ferry.
The band is made up of 70 Westchester County students, and 15 of them come from the school. They will lead the Vince Lombardi Trophy up the thirteen blocks of Broadway, temporarily known as Super Bowl Boulevard.
Students from St. Christopher’s will also perform on Thursday for County Executive Rob Astorino, who will present the school with a proclamation recognizing them for this achievement.
Astorino will meet the band members at the school on at 9:15 a.m.
St. Christoper's is a school that helps teens with emotional, behavioral and learning disabilities.
- 1 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 4 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Advisory Issued For Smoke Odor Caused By Mount Pleasant Mulch Fire