DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. -- More than 20 percent of the Marching Cobras of New York, a marching band that is leading the pre-Super Bowl parade through Times Square, will be students from St. Christopher’s in Dobbs Ferry.
The band is made up of 70 Westchester County students, and 15 of them come from the school. They will lead the Vince Lombardi Trophy up the thirteen blocks of Broadway, temporarily known as Super Bowl Boulevard.
Students from St. Christopher’s will also perform on Thursday for County Executive Rob Astorino, who will present the school with a proclamation recognizing them for this achievement.
Astorino will meet the band members at the school on at 9:15 a.m.
St. Christoper's is a school that helps teens with emotional, behavioral and learning disabilities.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Pleasantville On Wednesday
- 2 Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI In Mount Pleasant
- 3 Pleasantville Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Pleasantville School District Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287