WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The escalating conflict in Iraq could cause gas prices to spike in Westchester County and throughout the United States, according to CNN.
The recent outbreak of violence on Thursday caused oil prices to jump to $106 per barrel, the highest levels since September 2013, CNN reported.
The price of crude oil has a direct impact on gas prices. For every dollar per barrel crude oil goes up, gas prices also increase between 2 and 2.5 cents per gallon, CNN said.
If crude prices continue to rise, the price of gas in the U.S. could spike as much as 20 cents per gallon, according to CNN.
- 1 Fire Damages Home Near Route 117 In Chappaqua
- 2 Pleasantville Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Pleasantville
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Pleasantville
- 5 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit