WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The escalating conflict in Iraq could cause gas prices to spike in Westchester County and throughout the United States, according to CNN.
The recent outbreak of violence on Thursday caused oil prices to jump to $106 per barrel, the highest levels since September 2013, CNN reported.
The price of crude oil has a direct impact on gas prices. For every dollar per barrel crude oil goes up, gas prices also increase between 2 and 2.5 cents per gallon, CNN said.
If crude prices continue to rise, the price of gas in the U.S. could spike as much as 20 cents per gallon, according to CNN.
- 1 Pleasantville Traffic Snarled On Sunnyside Avenue
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director