TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The entrance ramp to the Tappan Zee Bridge (I-87 northbound/I-287 westbound) from South Broadway (Route 9) in Tarrytown will close to traffic for the duration of the New NY Bridge project at approximately 10 a.m. on Monday, March 10, according to the Sleepy Hollow Village Clerk's Office.
As a result of the closure, motorists will be directed to bear right immediately after the closed ramp, onto a "jughandle" for Route 119. Motorists will proceed approximately 0.2 miles east on Route 119, turning right onto the I-87 northbound/I-287 westbound entrance ramp.
The space surrounding the ramp will be utilized for construction access, staging and equipment, thereby reducing the amount of construction traffic on local roadways. New retaining walls are also planned for the area.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Pleasantville Grants Approval For Toll Brothers' Townhouse Project
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Overturned Vehicle Closes Stretch Of Saw Mill River Parkway