TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The entrance ramp to the Tappan Zee Bridge (I-87 northbound/I-287 westbound) from South Broadway (Route 9) in Tarrytown will close to traffic for the duration of the New NY Bridge project at approximately 10 a.m. on Monday, March 10, according to the Sleepy Hollow Village Clerk's Office.
As a result of the closure, motorists will be directed to bear right immediately after the closed ramp, onto a "jughandle" for Route 119. Motorists will proceed approximately 0.2 miles east on Route 119, turning right onto the I-87 northbound/I-287 westbound entrance ramp.
The space surrounding the ramp will be utilized for construction access, staging and equipment, thereby reducing the amount of construction traffic on local roadways. New retaining walls are also planned for the area.
- 1 IRS Warns Pleasantville Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Pedestrian Killed On Saw Mill Parkway Is ID'd
- 3 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 4 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Port Chester Accident
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill