PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville residents are expressing concern about airport security after a 16-year-old boy sneaked into the wheel well of a Boeing 767 and flew from San Jose, Calif. to Maui, Hawaii.
Many immediately blamed the Transportation Security Administration.
"All they do is stand around," Juliet Saisselin said. "It's very scary."
Saisselin joked that the teen was looking to do something to write about in a college essay.
Shane McGaffey said he heard 105 people had tried what the teen did and 80 people died.
"He's very lucky he survived," McGaffey said.
McGaffey said he was angry how much security there purports to be when a teenager can just hop on a plane.
"I am shocked you can do this after 9/11," McGaffey said. "I would hate to be the airport spokesman."
Jenna Miller said the incident made her concerned.
"That shouldn't be possible," Miller said.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 3 Happy Birthday To Pleasantville's Otis Hill
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Snow Could Return To Pleasantville For Morning Commute