PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville residents are expressing concern about airport security after a 16-year-old boy sneaked into the wheel well of a Boeing 767 and flew from San Jose, Calif. to Maui, Hawaii.
Many immediately blamed the Transportation Security Administration.
"All they do is stand around," Juliet Saisselin said. "It's very scary."
Saisselin joked that the teen was looking to do something to write about in a college essay.
Shane McGaffey said he heard 105 people had tried what the teen did and 80 people died.
"He's very lucky he survived," McGaffey said.
McGaffey said he was angry how much security there purports to be when a teenager can just hop on a plane.
"I am shocked you can do this after 9/11," McGaffey said. "I would hate to be the airport spokesman."
Jenna Miller said the incident made her concerned.
"That shouldn't be possible," Miller said.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Pleasantville
- 3 Pleasantville Junior Drillock Commits To Siena For Lacrosse
- 4 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Truck Strikes Saw Mill Parkway Overpass In Pleasantville