PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville residents are expressing concern about airport security after a 16-year-old boy sneaked into the wheel well of a Boeing 767 and flew from San Jose, Calif. to Maui, Hawaii.
Many immediately blamed the Transportation Security Administration.
"All they do is stand around," Juliet Saisselin said. "It's very scary."
Saisselin joked that the teen was looking to do something to write about in a college essay.
Shane McGaffey said he heard 105 people had tried what the teen did and 80 people died.
"He's very lucky he survived," McGaffey said.
McGaffey said he was angry how much security there purports to be when a teenager can just hop on a plane.
"I am shocked you can do this after 9/11," McGaffey said. "I would hate to be the airport spokesman."
Jenna Miller said the incident made her concerned.
"That shouldn't be possible," Miller said.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Pleasantville Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Pleasantville
- 4 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48