WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – A one-car accident early Friday morning in the Bronx just over the Westchester border tied up traffic on Interstate 95 for the rush hour commute.
A report on abclocal.go.com said the accident occurred at 5:30 a.m. on the northbound New England Thruway at Exit 13 in the Eastchester section. Lanes re-opened, but rubbernecking delays were reported.
The report said nine people were rushed to Jacobi Hospital with critical injuries as a Cadillac Escalade slammed head-on into a wall near the exit ramp, the report said. Entrance and exit ramps to the Thruway were closed to investigate the accident.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 3 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 4 Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 5 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident