WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – A one-car accident early Friday morning in the Bronx just over the Westchester border tied up traffic on Interstate 95 for the rush hour commute.
A report on abclocal.go.com said the accident occurred at 5:30 a.m. on the northbound New England Thruway at Exit 13 in the Eastchester section. Lanes re-opened, but rubbernecking delays were reported.
The report said nine people were rushed to Jacobi Hospital with critical injuries as a Cadillac Escalade slammed head-on into a wall near the exit ramp, the report said. Entrance and exit ramps to the Thruway were closed to investigate the accident.
- 1 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 2 State Police Warn Pleasantville Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute