PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pleasantville this week:
- Voters in Pleasantville approved the 2014-2015 budget, 740 votes to 333 votes. Pleasantville's $47.4 million budget increased spending by 2.36 percent with a tax increase of 1.68 percent. The budget was within the state tax cap on the tax levy, with a tax levy increase of 1.99 percent.
- The arrest of Mount Pleasant Police Chief Brian Fanelli on child pornography charges prompted Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) to launch a probe that resulted in the recent arrest of 71 people, including two from Westchester County, who allegedly shared child pornogrpahy on line, officials said.
- A Somers High School junior varsity boys lacrosse player has been kicked off his team and suspended from school after shouting a racial epithet as several female African-American students earlier this month, News 12 Westchester reports.
- 1 Pleasantville Ranks Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Pace University Celebrates Graduates In Ceremonies At Pleasantville Campus
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Pleasantville School District Budget Passes
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies