MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Dedication is not an issue for Saw Mill Club members who participate in the 5:30 a.m. spin class that is offered Fridays with group exercise instructor Jen Picco.
The spin class participants, who number 40, almost never miss a class, and most times there is a waiting list to get in. Class members range from teens to adults and are both young and older.
Picco's spin class is what she calls high-intensity and filled with high energy.
"We feed off of each other's energy. The class is 60 minutes of sweat at whoo-hooing," said Picco.
Throughout the class, Picco plays current music such as Calvin Harris, John Newman, Avicci, the Glitterboys and U2 to keep the class exhilarated.
Picco's secret to keeping the class motivated is providing a positive atmosphere, making members believe in their own power, strength and motivation, and keeping the class fun.
Picco has been teaching group exercise since 2003, is AFAA group exercise Kid Fit and TRX-certified, and is a NASM personal trainer, BOKS trainer and a marathon runner in her spare time. She is also a full-time teacher who works in the Pleasantville school district.
Picco's spin class is also offered on Saturdays at 7 a.m. Some of the other classes she also teaches include boot camp, BOSU, TRX and Insanity.
For a full schedule of classes at Saw Mill Club, visit the website here.
- 1 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd