MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Saw Mill Club Children's Center held a chess tournament for children in grades 1-8 on Sunday, Jan. 12.
First-grader Remi Aaron participated in her second tournament where she improved and won her section.
Participants of the tournament were from different school districts in Westchester, Rockland, and Fairfield counties and are students of chess expert Felix Lopez.
The tournament was run by Lopez, who has coached numerous champions from Westchester, N.Y. state, and Conn., as well as ten national championships.
Along with three to four tournaments a year, Lopez also operates a summer chess camp at Saw Mill Club each year.
- 1 Pleasantville Unseats Bronxville To Win First-Ever Sectional Lacrosse Title
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 5 Surge Of Warm Weather Will Arrive In Pleasantville