MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Saw Mill Club Children's Center held a chess tournament for children in grades 1-8 on Sunday, Jan. 12.
First-grader Remi Aaron participated in her second tournament where she improved and won her section.
Participants of the tournament were from different school districts in Westchester, Rockland, and Fairfield counties and are students of chess expert Felix Lopez.
The tournament was run by Lopez, who has coached numerous champions from Westchester, N.Y. state, and Conn., as well as ten national championships.
Along with three to four tournaments a year, Lopez also operates a summer chess camp at Saw Mill Club each year.
- 1 Pleasantville Traffic Snarled On Sunnyside Avenue
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed