MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Saw Mill Club Children's Center held a chess tournament for children in grades 1-8 on Sunday, Jan. 12.
First-grader Remi Aaron participated in her second tournament where she improved and won her section.
Participants of the tournament were from different school districts in Westchester, Rockland, and Fairfield counties and are students of chess expert Felix Lopez.
The tournament was run by Lopez, who has coached numerous champions from Westchester, N.Y. state, and Conn., as well as ten national championships.
Along with three to four tournaments a year, Lopez also operates a summer chess camp at Saw Mill Club each year.
- 1 Dad Reportedly Waives Hearing In Crash To Protect Pleasantville Daughter
- 2 Pleasantville Ranks Among New York's Best High Schools
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Pleasantville; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Serious Crash Reported On Saw Mill Parkway
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Pleasantville