MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Saw Mill Club Children's Center held a chess tournament for children in grades 1-8 on Sunday, Jan. 12.
First-grader Remi Aaron participated in her second tournament where she improved and won her section.
Participants of the tournament were from different school districts in Westchester, Rockland, and Fairfield counties and are students of chess expert Felix Lopez.
The tournament was run by Lopez, who has coached numerous champions from Westchester, N.Y. state, and Conn., as well as ten national championships.
Along with three to four tournaments a year, Lopez also operates a summer chess camp at Saw Mill Club each year.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 2 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High School Grad Marisa Curlen
- 3 Pleasantville Welcomes New Police Officer, Board Member
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Pleasantville
- 5 Pleasantville Stays Unbeaten With Close Win Over Irvington