PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pleasantville last week:
- Several schools throughout Westchester County were named "Reward Schools" by the New York State Education Department.
- A 16-year-old Mohegan Lake girl jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge on Tuesday and survived the fall, according to LoHud.com.
- A man staying in the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook for a wedding accidentally shot a man in the next room who was attending another wedding Saturday afternoon, Rye Brook Police Chief Gregory Austin said.
- The summer isn't quite over yet, but the 2015 Farmers' Almanac is saying that residents in Westchester County and most of the Northeast should start preparing for another winter filled with bitter cold and heavy snowfall.
- 1 Pleasantville's Will Shortz Brings Crossword Puzzle Tournament Home
- 2 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Pleasantville