PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. - Summer officially made its way to Pleasantville Wednesday as temperatures in the 90s had residents packing the village pool trying to beat the heat.
The amount of people looking to cool off in the pool at Nannahagan Park had residents parking on the grass after regular spaces filled up. Similar weather on Thursday may lead to another overflow of residents at the pool.
Temperatures will drop to the mid 80s by Friday and should hover at about 80 degrees through the weekend. The National Weather Service also says there's a chance for thunderstorms Friday.
Weekday hours for the pool this week are 12:30 to 7 p.m. and the pool will remain open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the weekend.
For those looking to beat the heat in other ways, the Westchester County Health Department has also created a list of " Stay Cool Locations ," including several areas nearby:
- Town of Ossining Senior Nutrition Center (95 Broadway, Ossining)
- Office of Elder Americans (Bradhurst Community Center in Hawthorne)
- All Westchester Saw Mill Multiplex (151 Saw Mill River Road, Hawthorne)
- Greenburgh Multiplex (320 Saw Mill River Road, Elmsford)
- Ossining Public Library (53 Croton Ave., Ossining)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.