PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville School Board President Shane McGaffey has voiced his opposition to Gov. Andrew Cuomo's proposed two-year property tax freeze, according to theexaminernews.com.
Turstees also chimed in and said they felt the proposal could have a negative impact on local district budget decisions and were weary that the plan could be instituted without a public vote, theexaminernews.com reported.
The Board has scheduled a special meeting for Tuesday, Feb. 4 to discuss the possible impacts of the proposal, according to theexaminernews.com.
- 1 Pleasantville's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Pleasantville Resident Is Inspiration For The Peak's Breast Cancer Concert
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester