PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville School Board President Shane McGaffey has voiced his opposition to Gov. Andrew Cuomo's proposed two-year property tax freeze, according to theexaminernews.com.
Turstees also chimed in and said they felt the proposal could have a negative impact on local district budget decisions and were weary that the plan could be instituted without a public vote, theexaminernews.com reported.
The Board has scheduled a special meeting for Tuesday, Feb. 4 to discuss the possible impacts of the proposal, according to theexaminernews.com.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Pleasantville; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Pleasantville, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Pleasantville Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Dad Reportedly Waives Hearing In Crash To Protect Pleasantville Daughter
- 5 Storm System Departs Pleasantville, Snow Could Return Thursday