PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville School Board President Shane McGaffey has voiced his opposition to Gov. Andrew Cuomo's proposed two-year property tax freeze, according to theexaminernews.com.
Turstees also chimed in and said they felt the proposal could have a negative impact on local district budget decisions and were weary that the plan could be instituted without a public vote, theexaminernews.com reported.
The Board has scheduled a special meeting for Tuesday, Feb. 4 to discuss the possible impacts of the proposal, according to theexaminernews.com.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Pleasantville Grants Approval For Toll Brothers' Townhouse Project
- 3 New York Archdiocese Is Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Overturned Vehicle Closes Stretch Of Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester