PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville School Board President Shane McGaffey has voiced his opposition to Gov. Andrew Cuomo's proposed two-year property tax freeze, according to theexaminernews.com.
Turstees also chimed in and said they felt the proposal could have a negative impact on local district budget decisions and were weary that the plan could be instituted without a public vote, theexaminernews.com reported.
The Board has scheduled a special meeting for Tuesday, Feb. 4 to discuss the possible impacts of the proposal, according to theexaminernews.com.
- 1 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash
- 2 Pleasantville Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 ESPN Writer Fears Search For Missing Son 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Pleasantville
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48