PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville School Board President Shane McGaffey has voiced his opposition to Gov. Andrew Cuomo's proposed two-year property tax freeze, according to theexaminernews.com.
Turstees also chimed in and said they felt the proposal could have a negative impact on local district budget decisions and were weary that the plan could be instituted without a public vote, theexaminernews.com reported.
The Board has scheduled a special meeting for Tuesday, Feb. 4 to discuss the possible impacts of the proposal, according to theexaminernews.com.
- 1 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Trump's Westchester Estate
- 2 Outside Clinton Home, Astorino Seeks Hillary's Take On Affordable Housing
- 3 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 4 Firefighter Pleads Guilty In Fatal Wrong-Way White Plains Crash
- 5 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd