WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The truck that crashed into actor/comedian Tracy Morgan's mini van and killed Peekskill comedian James "Uncle Jimmy Mack" McNair was driving 20 miles per hour over the speed limit moments before the crash, the National Transportation Safety Board said in a report released Thursday.
The tractor driven by Kevin Roper was equipped with an engine control module (ECM) that could record vehicle speed, engine rpm, brake circuit status, throttle percentage, and other associated data in a sudden deceleration event, according to the report.
A preliminary review of the data showed that the Peterbilt combination vehicle was traveling at 65 mph for the 60 seconds preceding the collision with the Mercedes-Benz limo van. The speed limit in the area of the accident at the time was 45 mph, the NTSB report said.
NTSB investigators are correlating this data with the physical evidence.
Kevin Roper, the driver of the truck, was arrested and is facing multiple charges for allegedly driving without sleeping for more than 24 hours.
- 1 Pedestrian Killed On Saw Mill Parkway Is ID'd
- 2 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 3 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 4 Open Houses In Pleasantville This Weekend
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Pleasantville