MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- President Obama spent the day in Westchester County on Friday and will return Saturday, Aug. 30, to attend a wedding at Blue Hill at Stone Barns in Pocantico Hills.
Obama landed at Westchester County Airport at 1:55 p.m. and caused delays along parts of 1-684, 1-95 and Route 120 (Purchase Street) as he traveled to separate fundraisers in New Rochelle and Purchase before leaving for Rhode Island at 6 p.m. Friday.
The president, who will return to the White House Friday night, still plans to return to Westchester about 6 p.m. Saturday evening for the wedding of Sam Kass, the president's personal chef and MSNBC talk show host Alex Wagner.
Mount Pleasant Police said there have been no planned street closures for Obama's visit to the community Saturday but were prepared for any unexpected contingencies.
Blue Hill at Stone Barns is on Route 448 in between routes 9 and Route 117and the area will have a police presence and possible traffic delays Saturday evening.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Pleasantville Boys Lacrosse Hangs On To Edge Fox Lane In Snowy Opener
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Pleasantville