PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – The Mount Pleasant Public Library in Pleasantville will be closed for the day Wednesday, Sept. 26, as part of the ongoing roof construction project.
John Fearon, the library’s director, said a large crane will be on site at the Bedford Road library Wednesday while the cooling system for the building is replaced. The library anticipates the building will reopen on Thursday, but services may be disrupted as the building will be without air conditioning for the rest of the week. It has not been determined when the air conditioning will be restored.
Since the main library will be closed, its branch location in Valhalla will remain open for its normal hours of 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The branch library is located at 125 Lozza Drive in Valhalla.
Residents are encouraged not to visit the library on Wednesday to drop off materials. All materials due Wednesday may be returned on Thursday without late charges, library officials said.
Replacing the cooling system is part of the $666,000 roof replacement project at the library that began over the summer.
- 1 State Police Warn Pleasantville Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Pleasantville Overnight