PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – The Mount Pleasant Public Library in Pleasantville will be closed for the day Wednesday, Sept. 26, as part of the ongoing roof construction project.
John Fearon, the library’s director, said a large crane will be on site at the Bedford Road library Wednesday while the cooling system for the building is replaced. The library anticipates the building will reopen on Thursday, but services may be disrupted as the building will be without air conditioning for the rest of the week. It has not been determined when the air conditioning will be restored.
Since the main library will be closed, its branch location in Valhalla will remain open for its normal hours of 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The branch library is located at 125 Lozza Drive in Valhalla.
Residents are encouraged not to visit the library on Wednesday to drop off materials. All materials due Wednesday may be returned on Thursday without late charges, library officials said.
Replacing the cooling system is part of the $666,000 roof replacement project at the library that began over the summer.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says
- 5 Sandra Lee Returns Home After Double To New Castle After Double Mastectomy