WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — Mary Richardson Kennedy's eldest son, Conor, appeared in Surrogate’s Court Wednesday and will likely be named administrator of her estate, according to a report by the Associated Press.
Conor Kennedy’s lawyer said that his client turned 18 on Tuesday, so he is now legally able to petition to be an administrator, the report stated.
According to the report, a judge said that he will most likely approve the application, and the lawyer for his father, Mary's ex-husband, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., did not object.
Mary Kennedy’s divorce lawyers, who said they are owed more than $278,000, are petitioning to get a public administrator appointed rather than allow for the possibility that RFK Jr. might become administrator, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal.
The AP reported that Mary Kennedy’s sister Martha Richardson, who was also in court but did not go before the judge, said she has not decided whether she will challenge her nephew’s application.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Pleasantville; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Pleasantville, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Pleasantville Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer