WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York State Police continue to search for the body of a man identified as being from the Somers who was seen jumping from the Bear Mountain Bridge on Sunday, June 15.
Trooper Melissa McMorris of the New York State Police identified the man as being a Somers resident Tuesday afternoon.
State Police described the man as being elderly and said he was seen jumping from the westbound side of the bridge in a press release Tuesday.
State Police continue to search the area for the victim with the assistance of State Police Aviation, the State Police Scuba Team, the Rockland County Sheriff’s Office, Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, West Point Fire Department, Stoney Point Fire Department, the Continental Village Fire Department and the Westchester County Marine patrol, police said.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Pleasantville Skies Sunday
- 2 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 3 Pleasantville Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Pleasantville
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester