PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pleasantville this week:
- A group in Pleasantville is seeking to introduce an ordinance that would ban single-use plastic shopping bags in the village.
A Westchester County police officer was hospitalized following an accident on the Saw Mill River Parkway in Dobbs Ferry with a driver accused of being drunk.
- A Metro-North employee is being charged for the Tuesday morning alleged sexual assault that stopped a New Haven bound train at the Fairfield station for more than 45 minutes.
- A Mount Vernon man was convicted on two counts each of criminally negligent homicide and third-degree assault after a July 2012 car crash on the Saw Mill Parkway that killed two passengers and injured two others, according to Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
- 1 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 State Police Warn Pleasantville Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Pleasantville Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Pleasantville