BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – A Briarcliff Manor man who, for nearly 30 years, used his father’s pension money totaling almost half a million dollars has been sentenced to a year of home confinement followed by two years probation, LoHud reports.
Peter Spino, 78, never told the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board to stop sending retirement payments to his father, who died in 1983, according to federal court records. As a result, the board kept sending checks to his father's bank account, from which Spino made regular withdrawals, the LoHud report said.
To read the full story at LoHud, click here.
- 1 Pleasantville Traffic Snarled On Sunnyside Avenue
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Downed Trees, Accidents Cause Road Closures, Delays, Power Outages