BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – A Briarcliff Manor man who, for nearly 30 years, used his father’s pension money totaling almost half a million dollars has been sentenced to a year of home confinement followed by two years probation, LoHud reports.
Peter Spino, 78, never told the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board to stop sending retirement payments to his father, who died in 1983, according to federal court records. As a result, the board kept sending checks to his father's bank account, from which Spino made regular withdrawals, the LoHud report said.
To read the full story at LoHud, click here.
- 1 State Police Warn Pleasantville Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Pleasantville Overnight
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison