BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – A Briarcliff Manor man who, for nearly 30 years, used his father’s pension money totaling almost half a million dollars has been sentenced to a year of home confinement followed by two years probation, LoHud reports.
Peter Spino, 78, never told the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board to stop sending retirement payments to his father, who died in 1983, according to federal court records. As a result, the board kept sending checks to his father's bank account, from which Spino made regular withdrawals, the LoHud report said.
To read the full story at LoHud, click here.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 3 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 4 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 5 Overturned Vehicle Closes Stretch Of Saw Mill River Parkway