BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – A Briarcliff Manor man who, for nearly 30 years, used his father’s pension money totaling almost half a million dollars has been sentenced to a year of home confinement followed by two years probation, LoHud reports.
Peter Spino, 78, never told the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board to stop sending retirement payments to his father, who died in 1983, according to federal court records. As a result, the board kept sending checks to his father's bank account, from which Spino made regular withdrawals, the LoHud report said.
To read the full story at LoHud, click here.
- 1 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Route 117 In Pleasantville
- 2 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5 Million