PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pleasantville this week:
- Police arrested a Virginia man who was accused of being drunk and on drugs after crashing a rented moving van into an overpass on the Saw Mill Parkway near Pleasantville on Saturday, Feb. 15, according to News 12 Westchester.
- Heroin continues to be a problem throughout Westchester County and the Hudson Valley. The latest incident occurred after the drug was found inside the faculty bathroom of an elementary school in Sullivan County, according to multiple reports.
- One very lucky person in the San Francisco Bay area matched all six winning numbers in the nationwide Poweball lottery Wednesday night, which according to officials is worth roughly $425 million.
- New Rochelle native and Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice knocked his fiancee unconscious in the Saturday, Feb. 15, in an incident that led to both of their arrests, according to The Baltimore Sun.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 Media Coverage Of Troubled Football Players Criticized
- 5 Former Pleasantville Mayor Named Co-Chair Of Lawyers' Group