PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. - Are you a longtime resident of Pleasantville? How well do you know the town's history?
The Pleasantville Daily Voice has devised this short quiz to test your knowledge on a variety of historical topics related to Pleasantville. Post your answers in the comments section below and we'll unveil the correct responses later in the week.
- Foley's Club Lounge is named after what Pleasantville High School basketball standout? He purchased the lounge in 1950.
- What year did the Reader's Digest move out of Pleasantville?
- Which millionaire made most of his money from being a McDonald's franchisee and also calls Pleasantville his hometown?
- Pleasantville was officially chosen as the name of the village in what year?
- Sunset Hall, a former popular landmark in Pleasantville, was demolished in what year?
- What business closed its doors in 1985 before reopening 15 years later as the Jacob Burns Film Center?
- The present day Village Hall was previously known as what building?
- Memorial Plaza was officially dedicated in what year?
- The Pleasantville Pioneer Engine Company, known today as the Pleasantville Volunteer Fire Department, was formed in what year?
- Which Pleasantville church was torn down and rebuilt in 1985 for a much larger house of worship?
- 1 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 2 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Pleasantville
- 5 Westchester Political, Business Leaders Applaud State Casino Decision