A total of 27 municipalities from throughout the Hudson Valley ranked high on a newly released survey by Niche.com that lists the 100 best suburbs to live in the country based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities.
Twenty-two of the 27 locales are in Westchester.
Here's a look at the locations that ranked in the Top 100:
- No. 4 - Ardsley (Greenburgh): Ardsley is a small town, close to NYC (only 25 minutes by train) and a great place to raise children. In addition to low violent crime numbers, it features many small shops and restaurants.
- No. 6 - Bronxville: Bronxville which rated an A+ for school and an A- for crime, is considered one of the best places foodies and families and is within 30 of the New York City.
- No. 8 - Pelham: Pelham is known as a close-knit community who are quick to help each other. It's also known for its superior schools and low crime rate.
- No. 9 - Rye: Rye is one of those places that offers friendly residents, great schools, fun beaches and is close to NYC.
- No. 14 - Briarcliff: Briarcliff is a family-focused community with highly-rated schools and recreation activities in a safe environment.
- No. 15 - Scarsdale: Scarsdale is ranked as a quaint high end and safe place to live. It is close to the train and has plenty of small shops. It can be expensive.
- No. 16 - Irvington (Rivertowns): With only a little over 7,000 residents, Irvington has A+ schools, small shops and plenty of friendly neighbors.
- No. 17 - Chappaqua: Known for its lovely small shops and restaurants, Chappaqua also offers superior schools and is a great place for families.
- No. 19 - Hastings-on-Hudson (Rivertowns): Hastings-on-Hudson is a beautiful but old town with nice river views and is full of "artsy" residents including music producers, artists, and those in the medical field.
- No. 24 - Croton: Croton-on-Hudson offers A+ schools, friendly people that are easy to meet and an atmosphere that is perfect for raising a family.
- No. 28 - Armonk: Known for its "preppy" lifestyle, Armonk offers superior schools, great restaurants and a good place to raise children.
- No. 29 - Hartsdale: Hartsdale, known for its zero violent crime rating and top-notch schools, also offers a large variety of restaurants and shops.
- No. 36 - Larchmont: Picked for its great location to the water, Larchmont offers a balance of the big city and suburban life.e because you can easily commute into New York City on the train.
- No. 51 - Katonah (Bedford): With a population just barely tipping 2,000, Katonah is known for its A+ schools and quiet lifestyle.
- No. 52 - Dobbs Ferry (Rivertowns): With a waterfront within walking distance, four-star dining and great schools, Dobbs Ferry is popular with residents.
- No. 54 - Suffern (Ramapo): Suffern is touted as being an excellent place to live and raise a family with great school districts, shopping, and restaurants in a quaint setting.
- No. 55 - South Nyack (Orangetown): South Nyack is known for its great schools and active nightlife while still being a good place to raise children.
- No. 56 -Tarrytown: With little crime issues and friendly, outgoing residents, Tarrytown is also known as a great place to raise a family.
- No. 63 - New City (Clarkstown): New City was ranked for its A+ schools, small-town feel and friendly residents.
- No. 68 - Montebello (Ramapo): Known for its zero violent crime rate and A+ schools, Montebello is a favorite with people who work in NYC.
- No. 73 - Rye Brook: Known for being a "great little town" with a police department that cares and responses quickly.
- No. 75 - Upper Nyack (Clarkstown): Expensive, but with zero violent crimes and A+ schools, Upper Nyack is popular with families.
- No. 85 - Pleasantville: Pleasantville is a place where neighbors help each other and give back to the community. It's also known for its diversity.
- No. 90 - White Plains : Known as a clean, fun town, White Plains offers plenty of restaurant and activities for families and singles.
- No. 94 - Mamaroneck : Friendly, well-kept and very safe are the words used to describe Mamaroneck.
- No. 96 - Tappan (Orangetown): Known for its parks and playgrounds and good schools, Tappan is also close to NYC.
- No. 100 - Harrison: Known for its "townies" whose families have lived in the area for generations, Harrison is also a favorite for its very advanced schools.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.