PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- The Actors Studio Drama School at Pace University, which is the only masters in fine arts theater program officially sanctioned by The Actors Studio, has kicked off a series of productions performed and directed by students for the public.
Designed to present graduating students to the professional world, the Repertory Season invites all to view professional productions of the work students have created during their three years with us.
Attendees will witness a weekly series of scenes, one-act and full-length plays. Some plays are written by Pace University playwrights and all directed and performed by MFA candidates.
A rundown of upcoming productions is below.
Wednesday, April 15 through Saturday, April 18:
- "Rolling with the Punches" by Jeffrey David Taylor with Erick Betancourt and Bavlina Youri
- Directed by Jessica Schechter.
- A new one-act play, "Paint the Line" by Taylor Williams with Megan McQueen and Cooper Lawrence. The play is directed by Christina Ashby.
- Scenes from "Reborning" by Zayd Dohrn with Alison Reader, Bobby Rodriguez and Whitney Zanardi. It's directed by Nicholas Kowerko
Wednesday, April 22 through Saturday, April 25:
- Scenes from "Brainpeople" by Jose Rivera with Adriana Álvarez, Miray Besli and Dasha Zhurin. It's directed by
- Nicholas Kowerko.
- Scenes from "Lady" by Craig Wright with Erick Betancourt, Daniel Kellmer and Bobby Rodriguez. Directed by Danny Gorman.
Wednesday, April 29 through Saturday, May 2:
- "A Bright Room Called Day" by Tony Kushner with Edward Taliaferro, Magan Carrigan, Meg Mark, Jack McCahill and Jeannine Scarpino. Directed by Christina Ashby.
- "Roger and Vanessa" by Brett C. Leonard with Erick Betancourt and Bavlina Youri. Directed by Danny Gorman.
Wednesday, May 6 through Saturday, May 9:
- Scenes from "Vanities" by Jack Heifner with Leslie Lopez, Javana Mundy and Tina Marie Realmuto. Directed by Christina Ashby.
- Scenes from "Laundry and Bourbon" by James McLure with Jamie Alana, Alison Reader and DeAnna Supplee. Directed by Jessica Schechter.
- Scenes from "Detroit" by Lisa D'Amour with Jeannine Scarpino, Richie Barrella, Cooper Lawrence and Dasha Zhurin. Directed by Nicholas Kowerko.
Wednesday, May 13 through Saturday, May 16:
- Scenes from "Fires in the Mirror," "Crown Heights," "Brooklyn" and "Other Identities" by Anna Deavere Smith with Javana Mundy, DeAnna Supplee and Kaili Y. Turner. Directed by Jessica Schechter
- Wanda's Visit by Christopher Durang with Shayla Alamino, Magan Carrigan, Stefan Folkins, Diogo Martins, Jack McCahill and Bobby Rodriguez. Directed by Danny Gorman