PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- The Jacob Burns Film Center will present Not So Silent Cinema’s Buster Keaton shorts on Saturday, April 12.
The show will feature new original scores to classic Buster Keaton short films. The performance takes place at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 12, at the Jacob Burns Film Center in Pleasantville.
"Stumbling through shooting galleries, trains, secret societies, and falling houses Buster Keaton delivers outrageous stunts and antics in four classic shorts screened with new original live music: 'The High Sign'(1921), 'The Goat'(1921), 'Cops' (1922) and 'One Week' (1920)," representatives said. "Keaton's outrageous stunts and deadpan delivery cemented his place in film history. Roger Ebert called him 'the greatest actor-director in the history of the movies.'"
"Not So Silent Cinema," is a project created by composer/arranger Brendan Cooney. The project began as a one-off performance of "Nosferatu" on Halloween.
Tickets are $12 to $20 and are available at the Jacob Burns Film Center website and the Not So Silent Cinema website.
- 1 Iron Horse Pleasantville Undergoes Transformation
- 2 Pleasantville's Will Shortz Brings Crossword Puzzle Tournament Home
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 5 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp Off Saw Mill